The most cost-effective foundation solutions generally call for a combination of ground improvement techniques suited to the loads and the soil conditions. These solutions make it possible to:
- support heavy uniform loads (water, oil and gas storage)
- support individual loads (pipeline supports, industrial equipment)
- support dynamic loads (oscillations, vibrations, seismic loadings)
- reduce absolute and differential settlement of structures
- reduce the risk of soil liquefaction.
This type of project calls for sound knowledge of the constraints and specifications of each structure to be treated and a familiarity of the potential technical issues which could arise during the various stages of the project from concept to handover.